So..I got to thinking...which is sometimes good...sometimes bad and have compiled a few things I am thankful for, not the least of which is that the government stimulus check came and...that ...it DID NOT BOUNCE!!!! when I deposited it.
To put me in the thinking mood..I looked at Rodin's "The Thinker" which is right in front of the fabulous Cleveland Landmark and Institution....The Cleveland Museum of Art.
The Thinker is likely thinking how the heck he can afford 4 dollars a gallon and just how he can rid himself of the tendinitis in his wrist from posing that way. Try that at home folks.
So...here goes...Thankful Thursday....not to be confused with WTF??Wednesday. Kidding
What I am thankful for....
1. The Bride
2. The Kids
3. The Job
4. The Sport of Triathlon and Endurance Training.
5. Genetics. 3 Grandparents lived to be 89 to 93
6. Cleveland Metro Parks
7. Living right on a Great Lake
8. Gorgeous summer weather as I got in a 2.5 hour run on the trails today.
9. My knee is holding up and my hamstring hasn't boycotted my efforts.
10. I am not tapering for an Ironman. Many of my blogging buds are having a tough time as Ironman Lake Placid is 10 days away.
11. I get into sporting events free
12. I have worked at the same place 29 straight years in a fickle business
13. Did I mention The Bride???!!!
I could go on and on. How about you??? Any thoughts??? and any suggested captions for "The Thinker"?????
My training has gone very well. Will race Huntington Beach Sprint Triathlon, then Fairport Harbor Lighthouse Triathlon. The Greater Cleveland Half Ironman is Aug 10th and I am doing well with my bike training. Getting out this afternoon for 1.5 hours. Great training everyone .. Life's a blast!!!!